Community feedback key to annual budget process
The process of developing the Town’s annual budget for 2018 starts with setting priorities. Results from the 2017 Community Survey play a key part in that process.
Town staff has worked to prepare a 2018 Proposed Budget driven by this community feedback and Council priorities. All projects and requested changes within the budget have been evaluated for feasibility based upon projected available revenues and sustainability.
All of this involves a process that takes months to complete and offers many opportunities for public involvement.
Join us for an open house!
Tuesday, Aug. 29
Council Chambers in Town Hall, 100 N. Wilcox St.
The Town invites community members to share their views during this open house and other public input opportunities, such as Town Council meetings. Those who can’t make it out to those events are welcome to email us.
Here’s a look at the 2018 budget process:
- Results of the 2017 Community Survey were presented to Town Council May 2
- Council on June 6 had an initial discussion about strategic priorities moving forward, as well as on the planned steps in the 2018 budget development process
- Presentation of the Preliminary 2018 Budget is planned to occur at the Aug. 15 Town Council meeting
- First reading of the budget ordinance is planned for Sept. 5, and second and final reading is planned for Sept. 19
- First reading of the property tax mill levy ordinance also is planned for Sept. 19, along with adoption of the 2018-2020 Balanced Financial Plan and 2018-2022 Capital Improvement Program
- Second and final reading of the property tax mill levy ordinance is planned for Dec. 5