Parks & Recreation Commission
OverviewThe Parks & Recreation Commission makes recommendations to Town Council in regard to the master plan, the three year strategic plan, the annual operating budget and the fee schedules for the Recreation Center, the Miller Activity Complex and the Red Hawk Golf Course.
- Current vacancy with a term ending May 31, 2021 (Teen Advisory Group representative)
- Three vacancies with terms beginning June 1, 2021 and ending May 31, 2023 (submit an application)
- 5 p.m.
- Third Wednesday of each month
- The Millhouse at Philip S. Miller Park
1381 W. Plum Creek Parkway
Castle Rock, CO 80109
- Meetings are open to the public and one or more Council members may attend
View current agenda packet
View most recent | View minutes for meetings prior to 2019
- Inger Hiller, Chair
- Brian Glotzbach, Vice Chair
- Sarah Grider
- Shawn L'Esperance
- Madeline Self
- Michael Smith
- Vacant, Teen Advisory Group representative
Town Council liaisons
- Councilmember Johnson
- Councilmember Hollingshead (alternate)
Noxious Weed Advisory BoardThe Parks and Recreation Commission also functions as the Town’s Noxious Weed Advisory Board. To fill this role, the Commission’s duties are to develop, approve and review the noxious weed management plan, as well as provide management criteria and standards. This Advisory Board meets on an as-needed basis and public meeting schedules and agendas will be posted at CRgov.com/events. Learn more about the Town’s noxious weed management practices.
Teen Advisory Group
Teens also help advise the Town on a variety of topics. View information on the Teen Advisory Group.