Per public health guidelines, access to Town buildings is closed. However, staff is still available - many of them remotely - to provide necessary services. Here's how to work with us online.
Building Counter and Permitting
- Over-the-counter permits are still available through the Town’s permitting website
- Electronic submittals through TRAKIT are required for all residential and commercial projects. All submitted documents must be in PDF format.
- The Town Building Division will not be scheduling any face-to-face meetings. However, we do have the ability to host remote meetings. If interested, please contact 720-733-3527.
- There will be no interruption in the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy during this temporary closure.
- Until further notice, inspection services will continue for new residential, commercial and multi-family construction.
- Building Inspections related to occupied residential dwelling units, that require the inspector to go inside, will be suspended until further notice.
Please Note: In an effort to provide inspections for interior residential projects we will attempt to perform remote inspections using FaceTime, Google Duo, and Skype. These inspections must be pre-scheduled and coordinated with our building and electrical inspectors. The contractor (general contractor for building, mechanical and plumbing inspections; electrical contractor for electrical inspections; or homeowner that performed the work must be onsite to walk the project while the inspector remotely performs the inspection.) Please schedule remote inspections through TRAKIT. An inspector will contact you within 24 hours.
Please also note: For final electrical inspections a plug tester will be required
- Residential inspections for projects on the exterior of occupied dwelling units, such as decks, roofs and photovoltaic inspections (excluding attic) will continue.
- This suspension does not allow work that requires inspections to be covered or concealed until such time that it can be inspected and approved.
Our team is charged with protecting the community during development and providing a safe and enjoyable living environment for Castle Rock. We ensure all buildings are structurally sound, safe and comply with building code requirements.
Scheduling an inspection
- Through eTRAKiT: eTrakiT inspection requests can be made up to 6:30 a.m. on any business day in order to be inspected the same day. Inspections are not performed on weekends.
- Through our inspection hotline: Call 303-660-1341 to schedule an inspection. Inspection requests received by 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled the next business day. Requests received after 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled two business days later. Please note, you will not receive a confirmation call.
Due to the volume of inspections, we regret the Town does not schedule specific inspection times. Job sites are to be open and available for inspection from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with the building permit and plans posted and available.
Inspectors cannot enter an occupied home without a person 18 years or older present. We also require posted permission to enter yards if applicable.
- 2018 IRC Roof Inspection Card
- After Hours Inspections
- AM PM Inspections
- Failed Inspections
- Homeowner or contractor availability for inspections of occupied homes
- Ladder Requirements
- Mid Roof and Final Roof Same Day Inspections
- Missed Mid Roof Correction Options
- Roof Repair Policy
- Working Without Permit or Contractor Registration
Canceling an inspection
To cancel a scheduled inspection, call 720-733-3527 between 7:30 and 8 a.m. the day of the scheduled inspection.
For more information, please call 720-733-3527 or email the Building Division.