Per public health guidelines, access to Town buildings is closed. However, staff is still available - many of them remotely - to provide necessary services. Here's how to work with us online.
Building Counter and Permitting
- Over-the-counter permits are still available through the Town’s permitting website.
- Electronic submittals through TRAKIT are required for all residential and commercial projects. All submitted documents must be in PDF format.
- The Town Building Division will not be scheduling any face-to-face meetings. However, we do have the ability to host remote meetings. If interested, please contact 720-733-3527.
- There will be no interruption in the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy during this time.
- Until further notice, inspection services will continue for new residential, commercial and multi-family construction.
- As of Feb. 8, 2021, building inspections related to occupied residential dwelling units, that require the inspector to go inside will be lifted. Remote virtual inspections will still be performed; however, in-person inspections may be requested for occupied residential dwelling units.
- A waiver will be required for either type of inspections for occupied residential dwelling units.
- The Town has adopted rules in Castle Rock Municipal Code Chapter 15.04 providing the ability for the Town's inspectors to conduct remove video inspections of properties for the duration of the local disaster emergency declaration in the Town of Castle Rock that went into effect on March 17, 2020.
- Guidelines for remote video inspection have been drafted and include: Chief Building Official Rule Regarding Remote Video Inspections (PDF), Remote Video Inspection Waiver (PDF), In-Person Inspection Waiver (PDF), Remote Video Inspection Guidelines (PDF). These documents will be provided to all individuals who request an inspection and fall under the guidelines for a remote video inspection.
- Please also note: for final electrical inspections a plug tester will be required and testers may be checked out from the Castle Rock Building Division,
- Residential inspections for projects on the exterior of occupied dwelling units, such as decks, roofs and photovoltaic inspections (excluding attic) will continue.
- This suspension does not allow work that requires inspections to be covered or concealed until such time that it can be inspected and approved.
Our team is charged with protecting the community during development and providing a safe and enjoyable living environment for Castle Rock. We ensure all buildings are structurally sound, safe and comply with building code requirements.
Scheduling an inspection
- Through eTRAKiT: eTrakiT inspection requests can be made up to 6:30 a.m. on any business day in order to be inspected the same day. Inspections are not performed on weekends.
- Through our inspection hotline: Call 303-660-1341 to schedule an inspection. Inspection requests received by 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled the next business day. Requests received after 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled two business days later. Please note, you will not receive a confirmation call.
Due to the volume of inspections, we regret the Town does not schedule specific inspection times. Job sites are to be open and available for inspection from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with the building permit and plans posted and available.
Inspectors cannot enter an occupied home without a person 18 years or older present. We also require posted permission to enter yards if applicable.
- 2018 IRC Roof Inspection Card
- After Hours Inspections
- AM PM Inspections
- Failed Inspections
- Homeowner or contractor availability for inspections of occupied homes
- Ladder Requirements
- Mid Roof and Final Roof Same Day Inspections
- Missed Mid Roof Correction Options
- Roof Repair Policy
- Working Without Permit or Contractor Registration
Canceling an inspection
To cancel a scheduled inspection, call 720-733-3527 between 7:30 and 8 a.m. the day of the scheduled inspection.
For more information, please call 720-733-3527 or email the Building Division.