How do I?
- Lost or stolen property - search recent lost and found
property or contact our property and evidence technician
- Registered sex offenders - for more information or how to search the sex offender registry.
Get involved (Volunteer)
- Community Safety Volunteers (CSV) - learn more about
this exciting opportunity for residents to partner with the Castle Rock Police Department and support the efforts of sworn and civilian personnel.
- Explorers - read more information about becoming a Castle Rock Police Explorer, if you are a young adult between the ages of 14 and 21.
- Victims Services - learn more about becoming a trained volunteer providing support and resources for families and individuals affected by crime or a traumatic event.
Learn more about
- Becoming a Castle Rock police officer - for more information, view our recruitment brochure. All officer positions are posted on our Town's website: CRgov.com/jobs.
- Disposing of medication - expired or unwanted prescription medication may now be dropped off in the Police Department's lobby during regular hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., excluding holidays).
- Identity Theft - identity theft is a growing concern, learn about the definitions, facts and resources.
- Protecting personal property - protect your property with a free account using ReportIt from LeadsOnline.
- CodeRED Emergency Mass Notification - this system is used to send critical communications to residents and business owners during emergencies in the Town of Castle Rock. More information: CodeRED, or go directly to the registration page.
- Specific Response Registry - residents requiring extra assistance in the event of an emergency or evacuation are encouraged to register for the voluntary Specific Response Registry.
- Barking dog - report a problem with a barking dog by calling the 24/7 non-mergency line, 303-663-6100, or using the Town's report a concern module.
- Crime - for all nonviolent crime, such as identity theft, vandalism or lost or found property, call the nonemergency line, 303-663-6100, or use the ePoliceReporting system.
- Personnel complaint - Submit a complaint against an officer or employee of the Police Department. An investigation will be conducted and, if substantiated, appropriate action may be taken.
- Animal licensing - Town Code requires that all dogs and cats residing in the Town of Castle Rock over the age of 6 months be licensed.
- Fingerprinting services - Effective Sep 24, 2018 the Castle Rock Police Department will no longer provide this service in response to Senate Bill 17-189. For additional information on where you can obtain applicant fingerprint services, visit the Colorado Bureau of Investigation's website.
- Honor Guard services - the Castle Rock Police Department's Honor Guard Unit may be available on request to perform certain ceremonial details. Fill out their request form for consideration.
- House watch / Increased patrol - residents may request to have an officer check their home and surrounding area for suspicious activity at random times, as time and call load permits.
- K-9 unit demonstration - our K-9 Units are available for demonstrations at special events. To request a demonstration, fill out their request form.
- Police records - official reports of all incidents reported to Castle Rock Police are available on request from the Records Unit.
- VIN verification - standard VIN verifications are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. for a $5 fee (legal residents of the Town of Castle Rock) or $10 for nonresidents and off-site services - DR2698