How do I?


Get involved (Volunteer)

  • Community Safety Volunteers (CSV) - Learn more about
    this exciting opportunity for residents to partner with the Castle Rock Police Department and support the efforts of sworn and civilian personnel.
  • Explorers - Read more information about becoming a Castle Rock Police Explorer, if you are a young adult between the ages of 14 and 21.
  • Victims Services - Learn more about becoming a trained volunteer providing support and resources for families and individuals affected by crime or a traumatic event.

Learn more about

Register for

  • CodeRED Emergency Mass Notification - This system is used to send critical communications to residents and business owners during emergencies in the Town of Castle Rock. More information: CodeRED, or go directly to the registration page.
  • Specific Response Registry - Residents requiring extra assistance in the event of an emergency or evacuation are encouraged to register for the voluntary Specific Response Registry.

Report a

  • Barking dog - Report a problem with a barking dog by calling the 24/7 non-emergency line, 303-663-6100, or using the Town's report a concern module.
  • Crime - For all nonviolent crime, such as identity theft, vandalism or lost or found property, call the non-emergency line, 303-663-6100, or use the ePoliceReporting system.
  • Personnel complaint - Submit a complaint against an officer or employee of the Police Department. An investigation will be conducted and, if substantiated, appropriate action may be taken.
  • Vehicle accident counter report - During the Town's activated Accident Alerts, accidents may be reported through the State of Colorado's DMV website. This service allows you to report accidents that occurred less than 60 days ago, which were not investigated by law enforcement and did not involve disabled vehicles, injuries, alcohol / drugs, or hit and run accidents.

Request a

  • Animal LicensingTown Code requires that all dogs residing in the Town of Castle Rock over the age of 6 months be licensed.
  • Fingerprinting services - Effective Sep 24, 2018 the Castle Rock Police Department will no longer provide this service in response to Senate Bill 17-189. For additional information on where you can obtain applicant fingerprint services, visit the Colorado Bureau of Investigation's website.
  • Honor Guard services - The Castle Rock Police Department's Honor Guard Unit may be available on request to perform certain ceremonial details. Fill out their request form for consideration.
  • House Watch / Increased patrol - Residents may request to have an officer check their home and surrounding area for suspicious activity at random times, as time and call load permits.
  • K-9 unit demonstration - Our K-9 Units are available for demonstrations at special events. To request a demonstration, fill out their request form.
  • Mental Health Intervention - If you or someone you know feels isolated or is struggling with the daily stresses of life, you are not alone. Our goal is to make sure that no one feels all hope is lost. We understand and want to help.
  • Police Records - Official reports of all incidents reported to Castle Rock Police are available on request from the Records Unit.
  • VIN verification - Standard VIN verifications are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. for a $5 fee (legal residents of the Town of Castle Rock) or $10 for nonresidents and off-site services - DR2698

Stay informed

  • Notify me - Stay informed and subscribe to periodic updates to the Town departments of your choice.
  • CodeRED - Keeping citizens informed in case of emergencies.
  • Social Media - Did you know the Castle Rock Police Department is on Facebook, Twitter and Nextdoor? Learn more about each specific use.